This just in! Garmin has finally released the 2.8 update for the Garmin Forerunner 910XT to fix the 2.7 firmware that was plagued with bugs. One of the most anticipated fixes is for the Auto Multisport function, during which your GPS data would get lost, set you off the coast of Africa, and not record distance data for anything after an Open Water Swim in that mode. Here is a list of the changes in 2.8:
Changes made from version 2.70 to 2.80:
- Smoother elevation recording.
- Fix occasional elevation spike at the beginning of an activity.
- Fix custom workout crashes in foreign languages.
- Fix loss of position in auto multisport after swim.
- Fix crash when switching sports due to HR graph.
Head over to Garmin Connect now to get your update. If it successfully fixed your Auto Multisport or if you come across any new bugs feel free to share in the comments below. Another one I had found on 2.7 was improper units showing on the Totals screen with the correct amounts, just the wrong word. I’ll update my watch, try it out for my race on Saturday and hope everything goes well!